Re: offensive words in the cohousing game
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 06:03:16 -0800 (PST)
Thank you Abe, I agree with you.
These words are often used in a careless and dismissive fashion by
professionals also, and people on the receiving end end up being treated
poorly in mental health services or, at times, not at all.
As a disability activist, I'd like to make sure that cohousing is inclusive
regardless of whatever labels a person has or has not been given. It's
frequently 'the luck of the draw'. People with this diagnosis (among
others) are frequently survivors of trauma,. Trauma is not a life sentence,
and neither is a psychiatric diagnosis.
Just because someone has written it doesn't make it OK
Iive specifically requested these words be removed for these reasons, and
will not endorse this game, nor endorse it being in the national archives
with these words in it.
Thanks
Chris