Re: offensive language in the game
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 07:19:36 -0800 (PST)
> On Mar 9, 2021, at 9:25 AM, R Philip Dowds via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:
>
> I’ll return to my earlier point:  I agree that language counts, and words
> matter.  But as we all try to learn the most constructive way to say things,
> maybe we should cut each other some slack?

And remember that one of the goals of cohousing, that gets mentioned a lot, is
diversity. What does deciding how people should behave mean in terms of
diversity?

One of our members died last month. In writing about my memories of him, I
talked about his seeming love of arguing. For 21 years, he was as dependable as
waterfalls:

> Steve had a habit of asking people what their opinion was about something and
> then arguing with them about their response. It was a mystery why he asked in
> the first place — except for the argument. Just after Carrie moved in she
> witnessed one of Steve’s arguments with me in the dining room. Of course,
> Carrie explained to us how if we used different words we could easily resolve
> this. I should say this and he should say that. Of course, we ignored her.
> The whole point was the argument.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines