Re: Use and non-use of commas, etc. (was Covid protocols)
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 08:11:32 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>

> Now, would you like to open up a discussion on the non-use of commas and
> apostrophes? As a card carrying member of the Apostrophe Protection Society I
> am most unhappy about people omitting apostrophes.  I rue the day other
> grammatical devices, trying desperately to stave off confusion in the written
> word, have been bludgeoned to death via texts, email (tho? not so much), etc.

Sort of related: My grandson is 7 and we text back and forth. I was reading one
of his texts and reminding myself that he is 7 and reads well but is still 7.
Shorter messages probably appreciated. I can read through most misspellings
without blinking an eye, but his were looking very strange.

Then I realized he was using text-speak — IDK, CU, HF, etc. He is already
multi-lingual.

No commas or apostrophes yet.

Sharon
----