An RV Cohousing Community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 12:09:56 -0800 (PST)
There is another list that discusses the importance of dark skies in urban
areas. A companion list is for the formation of the Mirador, a community
focused on Dark Sky advocacy with an education center etc. Included they are
planning an RV park and rental units for short stays and a cohousing community
directed to those who want to live under dark skies and will probably work in
the educational center and observatory. If you want to

mirador+subscribe [at] Dark-Sky-Communities.groups.io

I’m passing on the content of one thought about planning options.

> I'm attaching a quick-and-dirty idea I came up with for a tiny RV port
> duplex.  It's a 900 square foot plan found on www.barndominiumlife.com
> <http://www.barndominiumlife.com/> and it's sold as a kit, which is not ideal
> because I don't think it needs to be quite that big and we'd want more
> windows/doors.  But it's a start.   The carport would be long enough to
> shelter an RV and a car.  The driveway would be pull-through.   Perhaps the
> carport, as drawn, could have a power-generating windmill in the gable!
>
> The drawing shows the RV carports in-between the two houses, but the houses
> could also be next to each other with separate carports on the outside and a
> narrow service alley in-between the houses to get to the plumbing easily.
> Perhaps a fireplace shared by both houses--cleanable from the service alley.

It’s an interesting discussion. Looking for space in western Texas and New
Mexico. Something about the skies there.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines
http://affordablecohousing.com
affordablecohousing [at] groups.io
To subscribe:
affordablecohousing+subscribe [at] groups.io