[event] Mar 19-21 :: Spring Regional Community Conference (SWICA)
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 13:23:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone

Below is a direct cut and paste of the reminder announcement for Friday March
19 - Sunday March 21 South West Intentional Communities Alliance 2021 Spring
Conference: "Community Where You Are”.

You can learn more about SWICA and join the event by visiting here
https://kontara.com/SWICA/events/. Suggested donation: $5

Thank you to Cohousing California https://calcoho.org and the Foundation for
Intentional Community (FIC) https://www.ic.org for sponsoring this event!

-=-=-=

Our Community Conference begins this Friday evening, March 19. We have as our
opening speaker, Diana Leafe Christian, author of several excellent books on
Intentional Community, including "Creating a Life Together". She will be
guiding us on the best ways she has seen and experienced in her long witness of
communities starting, and sadly often failing due to factors she has come to
know as essential not being included.

Our Keynote Speaker is Lois Arkin, well known as the shaker and mover of Los
Angeles Eco-Village, an exemplary community in the heart of Los Angeles. She
will be helping us see how we can create community, regardless where we are
living. Her wisdom of what works and what doesn't is invaluable.

Crystal Farmer is also becoming well known with her new book, "The Token:
Common Sense Ideas for Increasing Diversity in Your Organization". Especially
appropriate for our times, she will be holding workshop to help us encourage
that diversity in our own environment.

There will be opportunity to talk and network between sessions where you can
find out what others are up to and ask questions. If you are in community
already, feel free to speak about yours during that time. We are calling that
time "Chit-Chatting in the Parking Lot".

Lunch and Fun on Sunday will be a time for you to get your Inner Child out and
play.  Feel free to bring your musical instrument to entertain us, crack
(politically correct) jokes or, if you dare, show us how you have "No Talent".
Prep your virtual potluck and have a seat.

We will be wrapping it up by having a Panel discussion on what the future may
hold for us, as the times they are a changin'. What has the Communities
Movement come to look like now and where are we going?

To learn more and register, visit https://kontara.com/SWICA/events/

In fellowship,
Werner Kontara
SWICA Event Coordinator

-=-=-

Neil Planchon
Events Team Volunteer. Cohousing Association
Steering Committee. Cohousing Research Network
Co-Developer and Founding Owner. Swan’s Market Cohousing
Co-Director, Ads & Development. Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC)