Real Estate Gifts?
From: Lyn Deardorff (lynpeachtreeoutlook.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:51:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone, wondering if any co-housing group has been fortunate enough to
receive a gift through an estate of a former residents house/condo?  And wonder
what the experience for the community was?  I know that much depends on the
legal wording made by the resident.  What about the terms of acceptance on your
part, did you decide how to use the gift if it was flexible (like selling it,
renting it our for income, addition to amenities, etc.).  And any issues along
the way?  It appears one of our current residents is considering such a move to
donate his unit to us and is working with his lawyer to include it in his
estate planning.  Any and all thoughts welcome!
Lyn Deardorff
Sand River Co-Housing
lynpeachtree [at] hotmail.coom