Re: Purchase of Nearby Property to Expand Community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 10:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
> On Mar 30, 2021, at 11:45 AM, Meg Lessard <m.k.lessard [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> We are actively reaching out to local contacts, including lawyers, to guide
> through this process. But hoped there might be some in the cohousing world
> that might share similar experiences, lessons learned, or insights.

We haven’t expanded this way but advice is to get all your ducks in a row so
you can act quickly when the opportunity arises. Even if the risk of upfront
money is being taken by a few, the other few can delay a decision long enough
that someone else will buy the property. When this option was available here,
it was gone in less than 2 weeks.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines