Re: raising children brochure
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 20:05:11 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 5, 2021, at 7:11 PM, Sharon Villines via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
cohousing.org> wrote:

>> On Apr 5, 2021, at 10:41 AM, CJ Q <homeschoolvideo [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of making a brochure on raising children in cohousing for
>> forming communities. What information do you think would be helpful?
>
> There is so much out there on how to raise children that adding to it would
> be very difficult if you want people to read it.
>
>> I know the main thing I"ll encourage is to try to set up expectations of
>> children's behavior before they move in.
>
> And this is impossible.

Sorry if this sounded critical of your suggestions — I wasn't. I wouldn’t have
known this until the years and generations of children we have had here. I
don’t know if all cohousing communities are like this but whatever thoughts we
had about expectations of children went down the drain pretty quickly — good
and bad.