[Events] Four upcoming FIC events :: details inside! One tomorrow 🥳
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 14:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone,

Here are - not to be missed - Four upcoming community events….

May 27 | 1-2:30pm Eastern
Virtual Tour of Intentional Communities - including Touchstone Cohousing in Ann
Arbor MI!
Learn more and register here
https://www.ic.org/event/virtual-tour-6-2021/#registration

Thinking about joining an intentional community? Curious to learn about
communities from them directly? Want to peak inside community living and get
your questions answered?
The Virtual Tour of Intentional Communities is the event experience for you!
Each month we bring together a variety of new and established intentional
communities — ecovillages, cohousing, shared homes, coliving spaces and more —
to present about about their community in an interactive setting. You’ll
experience photos, videos, captivating stories, and insightful dialogue among
the presenting communitarians. Plenty of time is included for you to ask your
burning questions about community living. Come travel to communities around the
world without leaving your armchair!

-=-=-=

June 8th | 4:00-5:30pm Eastern
How Housing Policies of the Past Impact the Diversity of Intentional
Communities Today [Webinar}
Learn more and register here https://bit.ly/3wjfKSd

Join PhD student, Camille Gladieux, for a short lecture on housing policy
within the context of the United States and how it impacts the movement for
intentional communities. Camille will cover main points to consider when
designing and creating intentional communities to include racial and economic
diversity. There will be a portion of this event dedicated to Q&A so please
bring your curiosity and questions!

-=-=-

June 11th | 1:00-3:00pm Eastern
Intro to Sociocracy — a Dynamic Governance Model for Communities [Workshop]
Learn more and register here https://bit.ly/3vmM5aM

Join us and Ted from Sociocracy For All (SoFa) for an interactive workshop on
the basics of sociocracy, including how we make decisions, how we empower and
connect teams, and how we can improve governance over time.
Sociocracy is a governance system that supports healthy group processes.
Sociocracy has a strong focus on equality and effectiveness, and is used
worldwide in a variety of organizations, particularly intentional communities.

In this workshop, we’ll engage in small-group exercises and demonstrations so
everyone can experience the clarity, consideration, and flow that sociocracy
brings. We’ll also explore examples from existing communities!

=-=-=-

June 17th | 4:00-6:00pm Eastern
Authentic Self-Expression as a Foundation for Community [Workshop]
Learn more and register here https://bit.ly/3fh0dNb

Join Conscious Relating Coach and Expressive Therapist, Teri Lynn Grunthaner,
for a workshop exploring how to create authentic relating within your
community.
We know that thriving community depends on developing shared governance,
decision-making, and interpersonal communication. But what about cultivating
the most important components – you and the people you live with? The more
authentic and connected we are to ourselves and one another, the more creative,
cohesive, and resilient a community will become.

In community,
Neil

Events Team Volunteer. Cohousing Association
Steering Committee. Cohousing Research Network
Co-Developer and Founding Owner. Swan’s Market Cohousing
Co-Director, Ads & Development. Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC)