Re: Post-pandemic Common House use
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 05:38:51 -0700 (PDT)
You’re making some assumptions there — we never stopped using the CH
completely, and we never established any formal “rules” about its use.
Common meals did stop completely for a little while, then the meals team
came up with some meal guidelines to allow cooks from the same household to
use the kitchen to prepare meals for takeout. Other groups continued to use
it for some socially distanced activities. We also had folks who suddenly
found themselves with no in-person work place use it as an “office” or
sorts. We had a group of kids (and parents) have school groups, having been
sent home from school.

In some sense, the CH was even more important during the pandemic than
before, even though it got less use.

Basically it’s was people’s own comfort levels that guided their CH usage
throughout the whole pandemic.

As the number of people who have been vaccinated grows, people are becoming
more comfortable. More people are staying for the common meals instead of
taking out, etc.

(Regarding ventilation, we are fortunate that our CH already had an
excellent ventilation system.)

Diana from Mosaic Commons in central MA