Re: Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Henning Mortensen (hmortensengmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:04:43 -0700 (PDT)
It was mentioned but not emphasized, the distinction between a push or pull
technology. For me, a pull technology would not serve my needs. The push
aspect of receiving emails allows the information to reach me.

Using email, the end user has a fair bit of control over the behaviour of
the emails, for example switching from threaded to unthreaded emails,
moving emails to specific folders,

Even with listserv technology, we can insert hyperlinks to other sites as
in Sharon's recent email. If we used links (box, google drive, nextcloud,
etc) we could attach files of any kind
For example https://app.box.com/s/qy4tifur0ygdbmttt70e55atskr15n27 , I hope
that works. You should get a picture of a design charet model.

And as you proved. :-{ emoji work as well, though that may be just our
email clients translating that.

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 9:43 AM Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com>