Re: question about cohousing communities that have not made it
From: Bryan Bowen (bryancaddispc.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 15:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
Fred, that's a great answer.

In our experience, the reasons for groups to fail before construction
include (in order of frequency):

   1. Didn't find land
   2. Couldn't make the budget work
   3. Prices from the otherwise feasible budget were too high for the local
   market
   4. Didn't get a preliminary approval they needed
   5. Not enough buyer interest in the project, for a ton of various
   reasons.

That's off the top of my head and based on our experience. I'm curious to
hear what others say.

- b

BRYAN BOWEN    |    PRINCIPAL   |    AIA   |    LEED AP

*caddis collaborative*
1510 Zamia Ave #103
Boulder, CO 80304
303 443 3629