Re: question about cohousing communities that have not made it
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 11:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
I suspect that most of these groups that don't "succeed" never got land under
contract, never had people willing to put up their own money to move the
project forward, and/or could not afford the cost of new construction.

Many early stage cohousing groups are really just explorations (potluck clubs),
and many of those people do end up in cohousing eventually but not necessarily
where they started.

In my experience, very few communities come together to buy land and hire
professionals and don't "succeed" in getting their community built.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755

www.cohousing-solutions.com

And Nevada City Cohousing

On 7/29/21, 4:58 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of T G"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of triciamill9 [at] gmail.com> wrote:

    64% failure rate, wow. Does anyone know how long most people keep trying
    before they decide to throw in the towel? I mean, you can only put in so
    much money before you decide to cut your losses.....Where is the breaking
    point?