Re: Your post in choosing - l
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 06:58:45 -0700 (PDT)
We haven’t begun construction yet so we haven’t actually secured our
construction loan, but based on an anticipated 100% pre-sales (fingers
crossed), in my interviews with potential banks this spring, I was told that
they could loan 80% of total cost. So, yes, it does seem that 65% is skimpy.

BTW, we just opened up our Phase 2 Homebuyers Commitment, which means it’s time
for our Associate Members (only a $1000 refundable deposit; no real skin in the
game) to decide whether they are ready to commit to buying a Phase 2 home
($12,000 non-refundable deposit and signed contract; significant commitment and
skin in the game). The deadline is Aug 31 for Associate Members to make their
decision so we’ll soon know how many pre-sales we have. The skyrocketing
construction costs are obviously not helpful (but hopefully coming down soon).

If anyone out there has been thinking about joining a close-knit rural
cohousing community in sunny Colorado, the train may soon be leaving the
station here at Heartwood Cohousing Phase 2. We anticipate pre-selling all 14
spots, but it’s not too late yet. Check out:
https://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/about-phase-2.html

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing