Re: Friends, affiliates, or associate members
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 04:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
Cohousers:

 We have an Associate Member category. Here is a cautionary question, when does
an Associate Member become an actual member? We had two instances where
Associate Membership was used as an interpersonal relationship tool for two
couples who were trying to figure out if they were a couple. So they used the
Associate Membership to test drive each other. It turned out that they actually
lived together during the test drive period, but one person was paying the
lesser Associate Membership fee. Another example, what if a member has a
significant other who stays over for say, three nights a week and participates
in meals, etc. Is that person an Associate Member or just an occasional guest
in the community?

Thx

Alan O

Alan O'Hashi