Re: Friends, affiliates, or associate members
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 05:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
I don’t have specific answers to your “gray area” questions but I wonder
why it matters.

So a couple was in a trial period. I doubt they were trying to sneak around
to pay a lower fee. Or someone eats common meals more often than one thinks
a visitor would.

If you community is not in dire straits financially, is it worth trying to
nail these occasional things down? I think all this works only by assuming
some amount of good intent and not stressing too much when someone’s
good-intent interpretation conflicts with someone else’s good-intent
interpretation, as long as no one is harming anyone.

In Mosaic Commons, I was on the “affiliate policy” team. We spent a lot of
time talking about these various permutations and eventually decided none
of them mattered. What REALLY mattered was that the affiliate affirmatively
wanted to be part of the community, and the community (or reasonable subset
of) affirmatively wanted them here. Everything else is noise.

Diana