Re: COVID divisions
From: Muriel Kranowski (
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 16:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
My take on this is that accepting vs refusing the Covid vaccine represent
two extremely different ways of thinking and of making decisions, and I'm
not sure a community based on group (and maybe unanimous) decision-making
can succeed with such a stark difference right down the middle.
   Muriel at Shadowlake Village

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 7:24 PM Dean smith via Cohousing-L <
cohousing-l [at]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> As a forming community seeking members we have a covid-delemma.  Most of
> our members have gotten the vaccine.  Some have not have gotten the
> vaccine.  Those who have the vaccine refuse to be around an 40% is not.  If
> 60% of our folks refuse to associate with the other 40%, we could be in for
> some striking divisions.  Should the first question for prospective members
> be, “Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19?"
> In an established community  this could even cause it  to split.  Am I
> over reacting or is this an issue?
> It seems to me that living in community almost demands that we all protect
> each other be being vaccinated.  Yet those who refuse feel that they have
> good reasons.  Is it possible that the refusers wouldn’t be interested in
> community anyway?
> What do you think?
> Dean Smith
> <
> Marysville, WA.
> 425-328-9979
> _________________________________________________________________
> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.