Re: Daily check ins?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 09:06:40 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 6, 2021, at 11:46 AM, Nancy Morehouse via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l
> [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> How does your community handle this issue?

Our community doesn’t do this as whole but individuals do check in with other
individuals. They are personal arrangements so they are very individual.

From a friend in living in a Kendal community, one of several reasons everyone
is required to eat one meal a day in the dining room (or have a meal delivered)
is that it is at least one check a day on whether someone is up and about.

One practice in a section of units that opened on a common hallway was that
each resident put a ceramic or wood sculpture outside their door each morning
when they woke up. If all the sculptures were out by 9, they took them all in.
If one wasn’t, someone would knock on their door to check.

It was effective and developed the habit of checking in everyday. Not just
checkin on someone else but checking one’s self in. Waving your flag.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC