Re: Inappropriate Behavior
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 10:13:06 -0700 (PDT)
One of my wishes for cohousing groups (all groups, really) is that decisions
about labelling some behaviors “inappropriate” would be replaced with “this
would upset or concern or irritate some people” or we have agreed that this
upsets so many people we just don’t do it (ie naked parties on the green).
Relationships should be encouraged or expected to be individual. (It may be
rare but sometimes naked parties on the green should be celebrated — the all
clear after a cancer treatment.)

Rob Sandelin’s standard was “Don’t bother other people, and don’t be easily
bothered.”

Some people can talk to other people about touchy subjects better than others
but avoiding making judgements like "well if you had been nicer or used
different words, they might have listened," while often true, is also
judgmental. It blames the messenger.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines