Workshare/Participation conversations
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 12:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all
Just separating threads. There's been some mention on the 'inappropriate
behavior' thread about participation and workshare conversations, and
Muriel just posted that they have a 'workshare tracker' role, which
intrigues me, and I'd like to hear more about!
I know this topic has been discussed more times here than is countable, but
I'm interested in how the subject of workshare is broached, who does it,
and what has been found to be a manner that can be heard. I'm also
interested in infrastructure such as a workshare tracker, and the systems
many of you have in place for tracking.
Has it ever been deemed an option to add to CoHo fees, or for some monetary
exchange? (and yes I know this delves into issues around equity and
privilege)
Do people pay others to do their chores? Find 'exchange of service' options?
What about for people who are aging and/or disabled- particularly in
communities weighted age-wise toward the older end where there may be a
growing number of people whose capacity is diminishing?
What about meal-cooking share for those of you who have a requirement
around sharing cooking duties for community meals?
I realize this is probably too many questions in one email, but interested
in how other Cohos are navigating this.

--
Chris Hansen
32 East Village Drive