Re: Community Contacts
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 12:13:49 -0700 (PDT)
I know that our community info person would say Amen to that! She works
full time, is doing a PhD, and has a family.
People often just want a conversation, which is understandable, and those
in the community who are willing workers are pretty stretched with
Community tasks. (It would be interesting to do a poll of how much work
people anticipated CoHousing would involve when they arrived, and whether
it met or exceeded their expectations!)
Some of us work demanding jobs, some are elderly, some live with
disability, some have families, some are working their butts off for
CoHousing- and the normal combo of all/some/none of the above.
We had open homes before Covid- we've not mastered the art of doing it
online.
Some people don't like to do it and it would be great to find folks who
like it; are good at it,and who have the time!
And, as Elizabeth so eloquently said, it would be _wonderful_ to understand
what about CoHousing piques people's interest- so we could tailor our
response.
When people write and say 'can I come at 4pm on xx date' it's just not that
easy to find someone who is able to oblige, because nobody is employed to
do this job.
I'd love to know if some communities have elegant modes of managing and
navigating this. The 'Open House' was a great scheme when it worked.