Re: Lumber prices
From: Gary Hellenga (gary.hellengagmail.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 12:39:39 -0700 (PDT)
We (Bozeman Cohousing) are preparing to get a construction contract
imminently, and the lumber price situation has greatly impacted the costs
of the proposed contract.

The article listed below was published in June, just around the peak of
lumber prices.  A more current view might be gained from
https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/lumber, which shows current (late
summer), which shows that lumber is currently down significantly.  However,
there has been considerable volatility, so builders may be leery of bidding
the current (low) price in contracts, if there's a risk the price will be
$200/thousand-board-feet higher next month.