Cable TV Cost
From: jro1229 (jro1229cox.net)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:50:34 -0700 (PDT)
As our community is building (move-in hopefully in Spring 2022), we have
been working on the usual odds and ends. We recently consensed on choosing a
provider for fiber internet and cable TV (140+ channels, including locals)
with COX Communications. The bulk rate offered will be a tremendous savings
for us, compared to subscribing individually for either/both services. It
eliminates the need for external antennas and some streaming services (ie.
Sling). All homes, along with the Common House and other external buildings
will be wired and provided the necessary equipment at no cost. After
move-in, members may add premium services using individual accounts.

The question has been brought up about members who do not watch TV (cable
outlets will be functional, no matter what). Should we offer the option to
opt-out of paying for cable TV, with the cost spread among the HOA dues for
the remaining households? If so, how do you deal with it?

Any experience with this in your community?  Your input would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,

John Orsulak

Heartwood Commons