Re: Question about expensing purchases for building maintenance
From: Kelly Bachman (happyvalleykellygmail.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 10:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
We ask members to fill out a reimbursement form that requires approval from
whoever is authorized to approve expenses for that committee.   Most
community expenses including reimbursements are paid by a twice-a-month
check run.  The Maintenance Committee has open accounts at the local
hardware and lumber stores.  The Meals Committee has 2 debit cards that
they share.  Another debit card can be checked out. We keep the dues
billing totally separate from reimbursements for community expenses partly
because it's easier and partly because we have different people performing
those functions for better internal controls.

Kelly
Bellingham Cohousing