Ideas to Assist Refugee Immigrants
From: Robin (robin7500gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 09:15:30 -0700 (PDT)
My cohousing community has been meeting about how we might help one or more
Afghan refugee families. Our Common House has a bedroom, bathroom and a
large open room upstairs along with a kitchen/dining area that is not being
currently used due to the pandemic. It's not quite ideal, but some of us
have thought it might be used temporarily for several weeks at a time until
a family can be in permanent housing.
We have contacted local refugee resettlement organizations as well.

I wonder if any cohousing community has used their facility in this way and
if so, what were some of the issues you experienced as well as the positive
benefits to the family and your community. Or if your cohousing has reached
out in another way either just raising funds, buying groceries or
furnishing an apartment elsewhere I'd appreciate heating about it.
*Robin Barth*
*Eno Commons*
*Durham, NC*