Who's vaccinated (and not) ?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 09:31:11 -0700 (PDT)
I do not live in cohousing.  Our inner city street of single family
houses has long had a "block club" for our about 40 houses on 2
blocks. We have a similar mission to cohousing but not nearly as
intentional and level of communitas.

Today we had a block club meeting in person in my front yard with
chairs spread about 6 feet apart. At 10am it was unusually cool - in
the 50's F. It will warm up later and is forecast to be near 80 F on
Monday and Tue. MN weather!  We may go to Zoom for our next meeting.

There were only 7 people (about half our typical numbers) It felt like
a good turnout given the temp and minimal agenda.  We adjourned after
about a half hour.

I am very disappointed that so many people in general have declined to
be vaccinated prolonging the epidemic and putting other people at
risk.

Covid vaccination status of other people can not be easily observed. I
happened to ask for a show of hands of people who have been
vaccinated. Two people did not raise their hands making it obvious who
has not. I was surprized. Asking people to raise their hands if they
have NOT been vaccinated would be awkward.  Both acknowledged their
status. I later talked to one.  So it served as a way to start a
conversation. My conversation with a trusted neighbor who happens to
be African American may have helped her decide to get the jab.

Fred