Outdoor eating space at your common house?
From: Maggi (librarymaggigmail.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 09:52:24 -0700 (PDT)
Our community is looking at the possibility of building a patio outside our
common house. We already have a lovely wall of windows that currently walks
out to a grassy area, which we use for meals & gathering during the summer
months, but as it gets colder in Michigan, we are perennially sad about
losing our outdoor space. We are looking at these factors:
- surface underfoot (with concerns for drainage, as well as potential later
build-out)
- cover above our heads (with concerns for attractiveness, rain/snow cover,
sun cover)
- community use during various seasons

Right now, during the pandemic, there are specific needs, but I am not
really looking at that. This is a longer-term view. Also, we have easily
portable, foldable, weather-resistant tables, so that's not a factor either.

Thanks for your feedback about your outdoor eating space and how it is used!

-Maggi Rohde
Touchstone Cohousing (built 2005)