Re: Common Meals payment/reservation options?
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 08:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
Feel free to post on-list in this thread! I know it’s been discussed many
times, and- it’s also a useful topic for ongoing consideration.
Our community ‘sells’ theatre-roll paper tickets which get marked  by unit
and date and posted into a box before the meal.
Price is $4.50 per adult- half of that for a half-sized meal.
It’s held in a ‘meals’ budget line.
Cooks buy food and get reimbursed on production of receipt. As of this
month, Head cook does not need to submit a meal ticket- they get to eat
their own creative coordination effort for free… !

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 8:18 AM Valerie Paul <valerie.paul [at] gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At Bay State Commons (move-in Q1 2022!!), we are working on our meal
> planning and are interested in hearing about what other communities are
> doing these days for meal accounting and pricing.
>
> I've reviewed past threads and have a good sense of the systems various
> communities have used in the past but there's nothing very recent and
> technology is changing so fast it seemed reasonable to put the questions
> out there again.
>
> How do people sign up for meals?
> How do you collect payment?
> How much do you charge for meals (if you do)?
> Does the meals team have a separate bank account?
>

> --
Chris Hansen
32 East Village Drive
Burlington