Re: Common Meals payment/reservation options?
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
I am wondering which communities assume a meal will be offered each day, with
people having the opportunity to opt out.  We are planning for aging and for
meals for families with little kids so our commitment is that a meal will be
offered each day, but that people can select the 3 meals a week, or 5 meals a
week or 7 meals a week plan (Sunday will probably be a mid day meal instead of
dinner) and their monthly fee will cover it - and if you miss a meal or two,
that’s just like at home.  We also have a coop work requirement - we do NOT
assume all the work will be done by volunteers, but we do know that working
together builds social capital and we think most of the coop work will be
around meal prep and clean up.

Happy to talk about this further - note that this is not what we are doing now
(we have zoning challenges in Lyme), but it is our plan based on previous
common meal experiences in collective living and coop dorms, etc.

I put it out now because I think Marina is correct, what we do at a the
beginning of our journey is key.

liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] me.com

Pinnacle Cohousing and Loch Lyme Lodge and Cabins
Lyme, NH

802.274.1511 Mobile
802.831.1240 Work (Vermont Law School)
she/her(s)

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire
to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White