Re: Antifreeze Based Fire Suppression Systems
From: Henning Mortensen (hmortensengmail.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 08:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Tom,
I am up north in Regina Saskatchewan Canada where we get very cold in
winter. Our sprinklers simply use our domestic water system. No antifreeze
is needed. This is because the water lines are buried beneath the frost
level and thus will not reach freezing temperatures so long as they are not
exposed to the weather.  We use boost pumps to pressurize the water to get
it up to the third floor.

Henning Mortensen
Prairie Spruce Commons Cohousing
Regina, Sk Canada