CommonHouse Stoves cookstove input re-request
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 05:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
Ruth Hirsch <heidinys [at] earthlink.net>
is the author of the message below.  It was posted by Fred of
the Cohousing-L management team <cohousing-l-owner [at] cohousing.org>

Twenty plus years in, time to replace our CommonHouse Cook Stove.  We
have had a gas  res/commercial gas stove. We are now in a multi branch
decision tree,  and would love your input. Please let us know what
works.doesn’t,  brands/models especially appreciated.  I will also
research Consumer Reports,  but would appreciate your input.  I did go
thru the archives,  and found interesting info,  tho mostly from 2013.
Muriel Kranowski made a similar plea recently, received little input.

Some input:
One BIG drawback of our current stove is the heavy grates.
Great in a restaurant,  however take long to heat up [then they retain
the heat,  which is good in restaurant setting with on-going cooking.)

We have just enough counter space.  This puts the question of cooktop
with wall/eye level oven as a quandary.  Which have you—  regular
range with oven or cooktop w wall oven? Any suggestions re: stretching
counter space?

While there is support of induction,  there are also voices in favor
of sticking with what is familiar as we need folks to be comfortable
cooking in the CommonHouse— and all/most have gas stoves at home.

Many thanks,
Ruth Hirsch, Cantines Island CoHo, 19 households, Saugerties since 1997