Wealth Inequality to Scale
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 08:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
It is impossible for the vast majority of us to understand how much $1B is
compared to the median household income of $68,000 (50% are below that). And
then in comparison with the wealth of Jeff Bezos’s $185 billion as an example
of the top 1%.

This is a simple interactive illustration the difference in pixels. 1px =
$1,000. If we could put this front and center for every email reader this week,
I wonder if the degree of inequity would be understood. Wealth, one’s worth
independent of income as if you never worked another day in your life, is
uniformly underestimated because it is incomprehensible.

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

Please forward. The importance of understanding this in cohousing land is made
evident when developing communities talk about reducing unit prices by $20,000.
The need for affordable cohousing is in the range of reducing costs by $200,000.

About this graph:
https://github.com/MKorostoff/1-pixel-wealth/blob/master/README.md

The new word to replace “low cost” and “affordable” is “attainable.” More on
that another day.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines, Editor & Publisher
Affordable Housing means 30% of household income
Cohousing means self-developed, self-governed, self-managed
http://affordablecohousing.com