Re: helping neighbors share common meals if they can't afford to pay
From: Jean Hopkins (seaheidiearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 16:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
We sell meal tickets at $4.50 for adults, $2.25 for children. Some people pay
for individual tickets but most write checks for 10 or 20 at a time.
Individuals turn in their meal tickets at each meal they've signed up for.

If they don't eat a full meal or they can't afford it, they can turn in half a
ticket.  The Home Committee that oversees the meals allows the two people who
collect the tickets at each meal (simply checking names off the meal sign-up
sheet as the tickets are counted) to decide whether or not a person can turn in
a half ticket.
$.35 of each ticket goes to the meal fund to pay for kitchen supplies and basic
ingredients.  The rest of the money is used to reimburse the cooks who purchase
the dinner's food if it isn't grown in our garden.