Re: Last Chance to Register - Cohousing Affordability
From: Barbara Smith (brownsmith82yahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 06:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
 Great!b
    On Friday, October 22, 2021, 03:23:46 PM EDT, Sarah Lesher <sarah.lesher
[at] gmail.com> wrote:

 Barbara --

I've been in contact with Hager Homestead within the last week.  I am very
glad you are offering affordable spaces.

My issue was not affordability but my two large dogs, who have been
luxuriating their whole lives in a 6000 sq ft forested yard with trees,
nuts, and squirrels and a direct path into a 20 mile long forested riverbed
park.

I finally found (or rediscovered) Cantine's Island in Saugerties, NY, where
I can have a very small fenced backyard with a view over a cliff of trees
and squirrels.  And by taking a path to the land below the cliff there is a
3 acre off-leash dog park where they can chase squirrels and go swimming
with a harbor seal in an estuary of the Hudson River.

Hard to beat that.

Except that no one wrote an "aggressive dog" clause into the pet policy,
and that, alas, is a nontrivial issue.

Thanks for thinking of me!

--Sarah