Re: Rental Policies
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 18:34:41 -0800 (PST)
At Swans Market Cohousing in Oakland, CA we have a rule that no more than 5 of
our units can be rented at any one time because if you have too high a
proportion of rentals the banks are less likely to approve loans making it hard
for owners to sell or refinance.  All owners have agreed to try to find
residents who are interested in participating in cohousing if they sell or rent
their unit although this is not legally enforcable. Usually we have only had
one or two of our units rented, mostly long term rentals and several renters
have ended up buying a unit when one became available after renting here for a
while.  Our renters can participate in everything except decisions involving
money.  With few exceptions most of our renters have been good community
members.  We don’t have any restrictions on. Longterm rental length but we do
prohibit very short term airbnb type rentals.  We have no restrictions on
roommate rentals.
Bonnie FergussonSwans Market CohousingOakland, CA
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 5:01 PM, Jennifer T <jennifer.taub [at]