Re: Searchable Decision Log?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:06:44 -0800 (PST)
> On Nov 22, 2021, at 9:39 AM, Henning Mortensen <hmortensen [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I would suggest a groups.io group mailing list. If you store your decisions
> as the only email to this group, you can do a search of the emails. This
> should work no matter how many decisions you make,

Ditto, and Groups.io has subgroups so the main group might be main [at]
happyville.groups.io and all the subgroups would be decisions [at]
happyville.groups.io, facilitiesteam [at] happyville.groups.io, kitchenplanning
[at] happyville.groups.io, etc. Anyone who is a member of the main group can
join any of the subgroups, or depending on your settings send an email to it
without joining the subgroup or receiving messages from it.

We have about 15 subgroups that are teams, working groups, interest areas, etc.

We don’t have a subgroup for decisions and we really need one. Our official
minutes are being stored as PDFs on our website which makes searching a bizarre
activity of bringing up 20 documents that all have to be opened and read to
find the search term. It is much easier to search Groups.io, which has a very
good and fast search function. In the search results you see the snippet
containing the search term and then only open the ones that are the actual
minutes.

But even when some of the messages are not the original minutes a search of
groups.io brings up the minutes in the context of other messages that put the
minutes in context.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines, Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC

Fossil Treasure Trove: Earliest Evidence of Complex Social Behavior in
Dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs lived in herds, had communal nesting sites, and socialized by age  —
Science Daily

https://scitechdaily.com/fossil-treasure-trove-earliest-evidence-of-complex-social-behavior-in-dinosaurs/