food co-op resources on the net
From: Thomas Andrew Newman (newmantCSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 11:36:03 -0800
>What Brett Koller described is commonly called a "food co-op."
>The problems and advantages of these are pretty well known.
>They are a lot better understood than the problems co-housing groups
>face. Is there somewhere on the net that food coop info is archived?
>
>-Von

Von,

Here's some information on resources on the Institute for Global
Communications system. They're working on a gopher, so a lot of this may be
offered free soon.

Tom
newmant [at] csos.orst.edu

-------------

>Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 23:20:21 PDT
>From: Brian Baker <ccof [at] igc.apc.org>
>To: newmant [at] CSOS.ORST.EDU
>Subject: Re:  helping a local food co-op get connected
>
>Hello--
>We are a non-profit trade association of Organic Farmers.
>We offer a number of services to retailers of organic foods.
>If you want help sourcing product or getting information
>on marketing, point of purchase information for consumers
>or other information, I'd suggest that you call us at
>408-423-2263. Peggy Felix is our supporting member coordinator.
>She can give you more information on the services that we
>can provide to food co-ops.

-----------
bulletin boards on IGC relating to agriculture and food:

  susag.calendar
      agriculture -- includes conferences, events, workshops, protests and
      training sessions.
    Sponsor: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
    Contacts: iatp
    keys: organic, biotechnology, conservation, calendar, dates, announcements

  susag.news
      more sustainable agriculture policy on a global basis.
    Sponsor: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
    Contacts: iatp
    keys: agriculture, organic, biotechnology, conservation

  susag.library
      agriculture, including analyses, fact sheets, reference lists, reports
      and articles. All particpants are invited to contribute relevant
      materials.
    Sponsor: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
    Contacts: iatp
    keys: trade, development, NAFTA, GATT, agriculture

  panna.panups
      America Regional Center to distribute its PANUPS news service.
    Sponsor: Pesticide Action Network North America Regional Center
    Contacts: panna
    keys: organic, agriculture, sustainable, safety

  pesticide.info
      also available as PESTICIDE-INFO database.
    Sponsor: Pesticide Action Network North America
    Contacts: panna
    keys: agriculture

  agri.farmbill
      bill from organizations and coalitions working on the bill .
    Sponsor: Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
    Contacts: iatp
    keys: farm policy, family farm, farm bill, sustainable, agriculture,
      environment, organic, pesticides

  ced.coops
    Sponsor: Assoc for Progressive Communications
    Contacts: web:spider
    keys: cooperatives, co-operatives, canada, web

  ced.oz
      'bottom up' green, socially just and sustainable local economic
      development thereby increasing appropriate employment, enterprise,
      training and co-operative opportunities.

  data.farmnet
      land degradation, positive solutions, and ideas on transforming rural
      land use which will eventually be part of the FarmNet concept.
    Sponsor: FarmNet

  en.agriculture
      agriculture, rural sociology, agroeconomics, and politics of
      agriculture.
    keys: agriculture, nutrition, hunger, chemicals

  int.permacultu
      permaculture, a system aiming to live in harmony with the planet,
      creating a sustainable regime, improving and repairing the land.
    Contacts: peg:rfrances
    keys: agriculture, farming

ipc5.permacult
      Permaculture Conference in Copenhagen August 26th through 29th 1993.
      Permaculture is applied ecology for the purposes of regeneration and
      sustainability. See int.permaculture for more info.
    Sponsor: Permakulturgruppen i DANMARK
    Contacts: ipcvcph@gn
    keys: permaculture, agriculture, development, bioregional, community,
      ecology, technology, sustainability, environment, biology, botony

  trade.library
      press releases, statistics, statements or other pertinent documents.
    Sponsor: Institute for Agriculture & Trade Policy
    Contacts: iatp
    keys: trade/gatt/nafta

  citnet.pcsd
      Sustainable Development whose goal is to "develop policy recommendations
      for a national strategy for sustainable development...."
    Sponsor: Citizens Network for Sustainable Development
    Contacts: citizensnet
    keys: environment, development, sustainable, consumption, agriculture,
      toxics, equity, grassroots, ecology, pollution, environmental justice

  comcause.exch
      a national citizens' organization.
    Sponsor: Common Cause
    Contacts: nickjohnson
    keys: political, process, campaignin, finance, ethics

----------
 Institute for Global Communications
        PeaceNet*EcoNet*ConflictNet*LaborNet
               18 de Boom Street
               San Francisco, CA 94107
               USA
               Tel: +1 (415) 442-0220
               Fax: +1 (415) 546-1794
               e-mail: support [at] igc.org

-----

What are IGC Networks?

The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) provides computer
networking tools for international communications and information
exchange.

The IGC Networks -- PeaceNet, EcoNet, ConflictNet and LaborNet --
comprise the world's only computer communications system
dedicated solely to environmental preservation, peace, and human
rights.  New technologies are helping these worldwide communities
cooperate more effectively and efficiently.

IGC, located in San Francisco, California, is a division of the Tides
Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.

By subscribing to any one of the IGC Networks, you have full access to
the resources of any of the other IGC Networks.