Re: common work spaces
From: RAYGASSER (RAYGASSERdelphi.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 94 23:02 CDT
EcoVillage at Ithaca, while not yet built, is designing in common
work areas. We'll be building an "add-on" to the common house which will be
paid for and maintained by those of us who requested the office space. I'm
a computer consultant and work with my wife out of our basement in NJ. When
we move into EVI, we certainly won't have that kind of space in our new home,
and we thought we'd rather work in the CH. Breaks would surely be more
social than those we currently take in our own home. We need about 200 sq ft.
A therapist will be adding about 100 sq ft, and an inventor may also add
another hundred. We'd like to see more space get built, because there are
others who "might need it in the future", but unfortunately someone's gotta
foot the bill.

Ray Gasser, Maplewood, NJ
raygasser [at] delphi.com