|Re: Design Process: Call for experiences||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Lee Haring (LEHBCCUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)|
|Date: Fri, 11 Nov 94 11:11 CST|
Cantine's Island group of Saugerties, New York, is having a rewarding experienc e working with the architect we hired, Raym ReRis of Belmont, Massachusetts. Co mmitted to modular housing, we quickly realized that a designer sympathetic to groups and to cohousing was going to be needed to mediate between what modular manufacturers offer and the individual needs of our twelve households. As work goes on, costs keep going up. The trend worries us. We might even lose some sta unch members of the group if costs keep ascending. Some of the rise in costs is attributable to using an architect at all. But he is zealous about helping us keep costs down. Where the project will suffer is in the common house. It will not be the huge, sumptuous, capacious refuge some of us dreamed of. Instead it will have to be added to in future years.
Re: Design Process: Call for experiences Rob Sandelin, November 9 1994
- Re: Design Process: Call for experiences Lee Haring, November 11 1994
- Re: Design Process: Call for experiences School of Mathematics, U of MN, November 11 1994
- Re: Design Process: Call for experiences Stephen Hawthorne, November 11 1994
- Re: Design Process: Call for experiences shedrick coleman, November 11 1994
- Re: Design Process: Call for experiences JoycePlath, November 13 1994
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.