Re: Research Versus Personal Viewpoints
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 95 15:15 CDT
Harry writes:

> In almost every case I tell them that Jan Gehl and others have
> spent 30 years and more researching this whole field and to contact
> Gehl for the scoop. But I never get the impression that any of
> these folk ever contact Gehl.

Harry:

I think that if I was in your position - I felt that I was
repeatedly telling a large group of people something, and they
always ignored me - I might start to ask what I could do to
communicate my ideas more effectively so that the group would listen
to me, rather than assuming that all of that large group of people
was somehow bad or wrong.

Best wishes,

Stuart Staniford-Chen
stanifor [at] cs.ucdavis.edu