Cohousing Research Network
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 12:34:49 -0500
Heather Sullivan-Catlin   HS9981 [at] cnsibm.albany.edu
is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

The following letter will appear in the next issue of the Cohousing Journal.
I thought I'd post it here as well for those who don't receive the journal.
Dear Cohousers,
    I'm a member of the Capital DIstrict Cohousing Group in Albany, Ny.  I
am also a doctoral student in sociology at the University at Albany (SUNY).
I'm conducting research on cohousing for my dissertation. While talking to Don
Lindemann about the variety of people out there doing research on cohousing
I had an idea.
     It seems that there are a lot of us out here studying cohousing for
various reasons.  Wouldn't it be great if we had some way to network and
information and ideas?  Well, I'm willing to facilitate that process.  Here's
how it will work.  You send me the following information and, if you don't
use e-mail, a SASE.  I will print up a list with the info and send it back
to you via e-mail or regular (snail) mail.  I will update the list as needed
and continue the process until it becomes too cumbersome at which point we
may need a new system.  In the meantime, we can connect with each other and
share experiences, information, and ideas.
        When you write, please include:
          -your name, address, e-mail address and phone number
          -your institutional affiliation, if applicable
          -your discipline ( are you studying architecture, urban
development, psychology, etc.), if any.
          -the particular aspects of cohousing you are focusing on
          -if you are doing research on cohousing for a master's thesis
or doctoral dissertation  or other similar project, please include your
expected date of completion

    I think having a name for this network would be nice.  I came up with the
Cohousing Research Network.  If you have any other ideas please include them
as well.
   I look forward to hearing from you!

   Heather Sullivan-Catlin
   131 S. Main Ave
   Albany, New York  12208
   HS9981 [at] cnsibm.albany.edu  (hs9981 [at] albany.albany.edu works as well)

P.S. If you know anyone doing research on cohousing please feel free
to pass this message along.  Thanks.