RE: community management
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (Robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:51:44 -0500
Stephan Rogers asked about community management.

At Sharingwood we have not established any oversite on any of the =
community tasks and I think this is a mistake.  Often people have good =
intentions when they sign up for a task, but forget that they signed up, =
or life gets in the way, or whatever.  Having a taskmaster to review the =
task lists, and check on the work in progress would probably get a lot =
of tasks done which are currently languishing.

In my experience, many people  have ideas about things that are needed =
but don't know how or who to bring these ideas to.  Having an oversite =
committee as the focus point for these would be good.

Another good role for an oversite group is the Nobody done it, sorts of =
things which occur which need addressing.  For example, the community =
shovel gets left out in the rain - who done it?  Nobody.  These sorts of =
things need to be addressed in some way and an oversite committee might =
be a good place for em.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood