Re: Virus in Howard Mead's message on coho mailing list
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:27:32 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Charles Nazare wrote:

> ALERT! ALERT!
> Please be aware that the attachment Happy99.exe sent by Howard Mead with
> the subject "re:tagline for cohousing community" contains a virus.
> According to my husband, (one of the techies of this world), if you end up
> downloading this email to your hard drive, do NOT open this email; just
> DELETE it.)
>
> Leni

I suspect that Howard's message was sent to you direct - I see no evidence
that it came thru Cohousing-L.  Could you check on this?  BTW I dont think
listproc will distribute attachments of any kind (tho I'm not completely
sure of this).

BTW my practice is to not open ANY MS word files that I get as email
attachments due to their susceptability to viruses.  If I want it bad
enought I request an text copy...

Fred

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us