Re: kibbutz as case study
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:09:01 -0600 (MDT)
Anne Jackson <a.jackson [at] rocketmail.com>  Oak Creek Commons
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

I remember Bettelheim from one of my first lectures at Cornell, and later
hastened to read his books and his magazine articles, "Dialogues With
Mothers," when my daughter was an infant.

Children of the Dream was fascinating and frightening. Equality may have
overcome individuality, as jobs were rotated and children had only
rigidly structured time with their parents. It seems to me,  not yet
living in co-housing, that it offers an excellent blend of nuclear
families with communal ties.

Anne, Oak Creek Commons

----