Cohousing Network seeks Editor for Pubs, Website
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:49:01 -0700 (MST)
[I bet many of the avid posters (and yes, even some of you lurkers) here
on Coho-L would be candidates for this. It's a great opportunity to have
some fun, get paid to do coho-related stuff, and help TCN beef-up (or
would it be spinach-up [popeye style], if you selected the vegi option at
common meals) its services in a big way! Please spread the word in your
communities --Raines (who has almost convinced himself to apply ;-))]

Job opening
Publications & Website Editor

The Cohousing Network
http://www.cohousing.org/editor.html

Type
Part-time contract position (approximately 40-50 hours per month)

Position summary
Coordinate, initiate, assign and write content for hard-copy bi-monthly
newsletter, e-mail newsletter and website. Provide integration across
communication vehicles to assure consistent message and consistent
quality.

Job responsibilities

Cohousing newsletter
With direction and input from the executive director and the TCN board of
directors, determine story ideas (for both news and features) and
graphics for new 12 to 16-page bi-monthly newsletter. Help find writers
to contribute articles. Write copy. Manage the flow of editorial and
graphic material. Edit all articles. Provide final copy to reviewers and
to desktop publisher.

E-mail newsletter
With direction and input from the executive director and the TCN board,
determine articles for new bi-monthly newsletter (approximately three to
four screen lengths). Gather editorial materials and write copy. Provide
final copy to reviewers.

Website
With direction and input from the executive director and the TCN board,
determine the specific content to enhance the website and help make it
more useful and meaningful for organization¹s constituents. Gather
existing editorial material from a variety of sources (members, back
issues of cohousing publications), continually search for useful links
that might benefit website visitors. Write new copy. Re-write from
newsletters as needed. As time allows, edit existing website copy. Work
closely with webmaster and other staff and volunteers to ensure website
is updated frequently.

Reports to: Executive Director

Desired skills
o top-notch writing and editing abilities
o high level of creativity
o good organization skills
o desktop publishing, web development and knowledge of cohousing a plus

Position available: January 1, 2003

For questions, please send an e-mail to: execdir [at] cohousing.org

Send resumes and work samples to:

Roy O¹Shaughnessy
Executive Director
The Cohousing Network
execdir [at] cohousing.org

Electronic submission preferred

The Cohousing Network is a national non-profit organization that promotes
and supports the development and sustenance of cohousing communities in
North America.

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where my neighbor is deciding between two great offers for their unit.

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Where a "Coho with a Clubhouse" group is meeting this weekend.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Reminding you to mark your calendar for the North American Cohousing
Conference, June 20-22, 2003 in Boulder, CO.