RE: cultural/racial diversity
From: Greg Dunn (MyListsgregdunn.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:06:00 -0700 (MST)

I've gotten the impression that many cohousers want racial diversity,
but also want to live with "like-minded people." I don't see how you can
have diversity of race without allowing diversity of values.
<<

There's no contradiction between wanting both diversity and
like-mindedness.  If you have no like-mindedness, you will have no
community. If you have no diversity, you'll wither from inbreeding (and
-- if you're alive -- boredom).

The trick is, to have like-mindedness on very deep central values. Those
roots will then support a great deal of diversity in more superficial
things.

Greg Dunn

I've gotten the impression that many cohousers want racial diversity,
but also want to live with "like-minded people." I don't see how you can
have diversity of race without allowing diversity of values.

Sheila