Re: Refrigerators and Freezers
From: Peg Blum (pegbcambridgecohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:37:01 -0700 (PDT)
  Cambridge Cohousing in Cambridge, MA, is a community of about 65 adults
and 30 children.  Typical meal attendance:  30 - 50.

  We have a household all-refrigerator (Wood's  Model # R17WUA, W.C. Wood
Co., Ltd., Canada). Sorry I don't know the size but it is not huge and works
perfectly well for storing the food needed for the next meal.  After a meal,
it is practically empty except for a few bottles of condiments.  We're
pretty good about not allowing things to accumulate.  If a left-over is to
be used for the next meal a day or 2 later, that's OK...otherwise it goes
home with someone or is tossed.  Our meal teams are getting pretty good
about estimating the amounts needed.

  In addition, in the pantry, we have an old donated upright freezer which
is used alot and so far, it's continued to work.  (Probably not as energy
efficient as a newer model might be, unfortunately.)

  Peg Blum

  pegb [at] cambridgecohousing.org
  http://www.cambridgecohousing.org