Re: Refrigerators and Freezers
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:22:54 -0700 (PDT)
I've visited 48 common houses, plus the two in communities where I've lived, and my biggest piece of advice to you is do NOT get a commercial refrigerator. They cost a mint (even used), but more importantly, new or old, they are VERY NOISY! I agree that a residential fridge preferably with the freezer at the bottom or a separate freezer) is the most useful. Remember, that for the most part all that is in there at any moment is some--not necessarily all--the ingredients for the upcoming meal, leftovers and condiments.

I find that what folks forget the most often is that just steps from your common kitchen there are 36 (in the case of Oak Creek Commons) other refrigerators........and 36 other stoves and 36 sets of sharp knives, and can-openers, and, and....And lots of people willing to let the cooks of the day use those appliances, should they be needed on occasion.

Joani