Re: Affordable cohousing
From: alberta maged (albertamagedhotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:11:19 -0800 (PST)
that was very helpful, Sharon, and mirrors some of my own concerns and desires. When I wrote earlier in the month I mentioned the Quakers meeting house on Beacon Hill, Boston. Their's is an intentional community, but one make up of renters who reside for one or two year stays, and is primarily composed of younger people. I'm an older person and would like a community similar to what you describe. I was about to add my descriptions to the one you wrote and I realized I want to live in a dorm style situation. I love cooking, but I sure as heck have a whole lotta other things I want to do other than cook for myself all the time. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if there can be a way to create apartment/studio living in or on the transit lines leading into the city and have an intentional community foundation to it.

thanks, again,
bye, Alberta