Do we need two lists?
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:51:09 -0800 (PST)
I browse the postings of this list often, and I am often struck by how
irrelevant the discussion is to those of us who are struggling to form a new
community.  If you go back and re-read a sampling of the topics, many are
about the nitty-gritty of daily living in cohousing--a very useful forum for
folks who are in cohousing communities, I am sure.

Yet I know that there are many generous cohousers who are very interested in
helping give guidance to new communities.  As someone with great interest in
starting a coho community where I could live, I presently find little help
or advice among the "daily living" messages, and I rarely post my
questions/concerns/ideas because it seems that the culture of the list is
for the most part for established communities.

Is it time to form a separate list where the focus would be totally on
forming communities?  Experts and passionate Janey/Johnny Appleseed types
who want to see cohousing grow and spread could sow their seeds of wisdom
there (hope this metaphor isn't too strained!)

Thoughts?

Tom Hammer
Concord Village
PA/MD/DE